Tasman Group strict actions on COVID-19
The Novel CoronaVirus, or COVID-19 as we are more familiar with, is causing worldwide concern due to it’s high infection rate, and impact it’s having on the global economy.
The Tasman Group Management is taking the matter very seriously, and is doing everything practical to protect the health of our staff, contractors, and visitors.
As part of our actions to provide a safe working environment, we are taking strict measures with all staff, contractors, and visitors to Tasman sites.
- Everyone is required to participate in self-screening, by having their temperature recorded using a non-invasive thermometer and temperature tracker in the morning and afternoon (2x daily during working days).
- Visitors will be screened upon arrival, and only screened again if they are visiting for the day, or within a set period where additional screening may be required.
- Exclusions for temperature screening only applies for Delivery Drivers, Couriers, and Truck Drivers who do not go beyond the reception area. Also any visitors or contractors who do not go beyond the reception area may be excluded from screening.
- Any employee, visitor, or contractor who shows any potential signs of COVID-19, are required to leave Tasman premises immediately and seek medical advice.
- Strict hygiene habits must be used at all times as per the flyers from the World Health Organization, to prevent the potential spread or contraction of the virus. Hand sanitizer is provided at all Tasman locations.
- Important: Any local Government legislation, in place or released will take precedence over these measures.
Together we can ensure everyone can maintain their health, and lower the risk of contracting COVID-19. Thank you for your cooperation.
If you would like more information on COVID-19 and how to avoid contracting the virus, you visit the World Health Organisation Website. If you have any other concerns, please contact your local Tasman representative.
- Wash your hands
Using soap and running water for at least 30 seconds. Even if your hands are clean, it is important to wash your hands regularly.
Alternatively, if your hands are visibly clean, you can use alcohol-based hand rub to clean your hands.
- When to wash your hands
Even though some of these are common sense, it is even more important now, to wash your hands after any of the following events:
- After coughing or sneezing, to prevent spreading germs. You may even be carrying the virus without any visible signs of sickness.
- When caring for other sick people, to avoid spreading it to others or yourself.
- Before, During, and After preparing food, to avoid consuming the virus by infecting your food.
- Prior to eating
- After using the toilet
- When your hands are visibly dirty
- After handling animals and animal waste, you can never be certain whether pets & other animals are capable of carrying or spreading the virus.
- Hygienic Habits
- When you need to cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a flexed elbow or tissue. This helps prevent spreading germs & virus everywhere, and keeps it contained.
- Throw the tissue into a closed bin immediately after use.
- Clean your hands afterwards with alcohol-based hand rub, or soap and water for at least 30 seconds.
- If you’re sick
- Avoid close contact with other people, friends, and family when you are experiencing symptoms such as cough & fever. Especially those who are of high risk to the virus.
- Avoid spitting in public
- If you have any difficulties breathing, have a high fever, or cough; it’s advised to seek medical care early, and share your previous travel history with your healthcare provider.
Though these may be simple hygiene habits, it’s important to enforce them with high priority to slow the rate of infection & reduce the chances of catching & spreading the virus to those around you.