Health & Safety Bulletin – Safety During Christmas – Dec 16
TEN GREAT HOLIDAY SAFETY TIPS:
- Keep an eye on the children: secure decorations so they are out of the reach of babies and young children. Watch out for choking hazards, broken glass ornaments and strangulation risks!
- Fire Proof: watch out for frayed wires, broken sockets or loose connections on holiday lights. Don’t overload circuits.
- Cook Smart: keep hot pots on the back burners of the stove to avoid accidental spills, scalding water, steam and flames. Watch out for raw meat cross-contamination.
- Plant Danger: certain decorative plants can be poisonous if eaten. Mistletoe, Holly, Poinsettias and Jerusalem cherry plants should be away from little ones and pets.
- Toy Safety: investigate the latest toy recalls. Also check labels for appropriate age guidelines when purchasing.
- Party Punch: keep alcoholic beverages out of the reach of children.
- Travelling for the holidays? Buckle Up! Seat Belts Save Lives!
- Stay Healthy: wash your hands and avoid spreading germs around your house.
- Weather Wise: Be Sun Smart cover up, hydrate and apply sunscreen. In colder wetter climates ensure you have plenty of warm and dry clothes. When driving, drive to the conditions.
- The Yearly Test: check smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors and house alarms.
THE BEST GIFT YOU CAN GIVE YOUR FAMILY IS YOU, PLEASE STAY SAFE THIS FESTIVE SEASON