Health & Safety Bulletin – Road Safety – Nov 16
Golden Road Safety Rules for Staying Safe this Holiday Season:
- SLOW DOWN, reduce your speed, because it’s difficult to know what is up ahead.
- When crossing the road, LOOK OUT BEFORE YOU STEP OUT.
- What is your PLAN B? If you are having a few drinks, driving is not an option.
- DON’T TAKE ILLEGAL DRUGS. Taking illegal drugs before driving puts you at risk of injuring or killing yourself, your friends or other innocent people.
- Driver fatigue is one of the top three contributors to the road toll. DON’T TRUST YOUR TIRED SELF.
- GET YOUR HANDS OFF YOUR MOBILE PHONE. Taking your eyes off the road for just two seconds could cost you, or those you care about, everything.
- BE BUS AWARE. Buses are large, heavy vehicles and can’t stop quickly.
- Install and fit your CHILD CAR SEAT correctly and be extra careful in your DRIVEWAY
- BELT UP FOR LIFE
Distracted drivers are dangerous! Play the Distraction Game here!