Health & Safety Bulletin – Ramadan – May 19
Ramadan Period – 5th May to the 4th June 2019
Ramadan is a holy month in Islam commencing on the evening of 5th of May 2019 and will last until the 4th of June 2019. Muslims observe fasting from dawn to sunset. During this period, many Muslims fast during Ramadan irrespective of their health condition. It is during this period where a well balance diet is needed to maintain the level of energy during the day.
For those celebrating the holy month of Ramadan, it is important for us to observe some healthy tips below.
Healthy tips during Ramadan
- Avoid caffeine and energy drinks – as much as possible drink 8 glasses of water daily. Sufficient fluid intake is necessary to prevent dehydration
- Get enough sleep. Less sleep means you will feel tired during the day which in turns leads to less productivity and activity
- Have a balanced meal
- Stay fit or participate in light physical activity
- Avoid excess consumption of refined products or sweets
- Have a balanced calorie intake
Road safety tips
Also, a reminder on road safety tips
- Always wear your seatbelt
- Approach traffic signals carefully
- Keep sufficient distance between vehicles
- Be aware and watch out for other traffic participants
- Plan your schedules properly and try to avoid the need of rushing
- Avoid fatigue and get enough sleep
- Use public transport (if needed)
- Expect the unexpected – we all MUST drive defensively!