Health & Safety Bulletin – Emergency Planning – May 20
This Safety Bulletin highlights the importance of Emergency Plan which outlines the instructions on what workers, visitors and contractors at the workplace should do in an emergency.
The emergency plan must provide for the following:
- Emergency procedures, including an effective response to an emergency.
- Evacuation procedures
- Notifying emergency service organisations at the earliest opportunity.
- Medical treatment and assistance
- Effective communication between the person authorised to coordinate the emergency response and all people at the workplace.
- Testing of the emergency procedure, including the frequency of testing.
- Information, training and instruction to relevant workers in relation to implementing the emergency procedures.