Health & Safety Bulletin – Contractor’s Health & Safety – Feb 17
Tasman Contractor’s Health & Safety Management Process consists of the following steps:
- Contractor Selection & Pre-Qualification: Contractors are assessed based on safety metrics:
- History of incident performance,
- Number of safety inspection performed,
- Availability of safe operating procedures and ability to provide the equipment, services and resources.
- Contractor Induction: prior to works commencing, Contractors are required to sign in at the visitors and contractors logbook and to be provided with a safety induction.
- Commencement of Work: prior to works commencing, discuss the work to be performed.
- Monitoring and Completions of Works: Tasman’s Contractor Management Plan provides a process to monitor the works being undertaken by the Contractor and ensure a WHS non-compliance process. Prior to leaving the workplace, the area will need to be kept in a neat, tidy and safe manner.
- Re-evaluation: on a six-monthly period, Contractor’s performance is re-evaluated to determine if they are to retain their services / scope of work.